Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Book Review: Zoe Letting Go by Nora Price

Elise,

I don't know why I've been driven from the city to the country early in the morning, still wearing my pajamas, with enough clothes packed for six weeks.  Why have I arrived at a gloomy old mansion surrounded by a garden of withered, tangled roses and spotted with foreboding birch and ominous oak trees?  It looks like I suddenly jumped across the pond and ended up in England instead of New England!

Why am I being put in a treatment facility with 5 other girls?  I don't look like them.  I don't act like them.  And I certainly don't have anything wrong with me - like them. 

They tell me I'm here to recover.  From what? 

They took my phone, which is one of the reasons I am writing these letters.  

It's a mystery to me.  I'm sure there has been some big mistake.    

Why?  I don't know, but I'm going to find out - and then I'm going to prove them wrong.   

Zoe


Gain insight into the mind of a girl grappling with an issue that she doesn't even know she has with this slow-moving mystery.  Follow the haunting words in Zoe's letters to her best friend to unravel the enigma that is Twin Birch as she shines a light on a condition that affects thousands of teens across the country, making it the third most common chronic illness for adolescents.  If you liked Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson or Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher, you will probably enjoy this title. 

Check it out in our new books section in the Teen Place!

Recommended Grade Level: 6-12

Genre: Realistic Fiction

Pages: 279

This book review was written by Youth Services and Adult Services Librarian, Chryssi Gumina.

No comments:

Post a Comment